Students speak out about government shutdown
Word on the Street
Published: Wednesday, October 9, 2013
Updated: Thursday, October 10, 2013 01:10
Who do you think is responsible for the government shutdown and why?
1) You can’t really blame one person because there are multiple people who make up the government, but I think the government shut down because there wasn’t enough money.
- Jalyn Gonzalez, Sophomore, Elementary Education
2) I think everyone in Congress is responsible for it because, yeah, you don’t agree with Obama but you have to come to an agreement at some time.
- Ryan Caycoya, Junior, Mass Communications-Public Relations
3) Congress, because they’re all lazy pricks.
- Kevin Marker, Junior, Management Information Systems
4) Both the Republicans and the Democrats. They’re a big mess, and they’re acting like children.
- Morgan Garza, Sophomore, Communication Studies
5) The Congress because they can’t come to an agreement about the budget and Obamacare.
- Jaymi McLeod, Senior, Elementary Education; Shonda Brown, Senior, Elementary Education