UFC 156's stacked main card is a must see
UFC 156 airing Feb. 2, may very well be the deepest main card all year.
The main card includes Jose Aldo v Frankie Edgar, Rashad Evans v Antonio Rogerio Nogueira, Alistair Overeem v Antonio Silva, and Jon Fitch v Demian Maia and is sure to keep fight fans' eyes on the edge of their seats from start to finish. The only thing more intriguing than the match-ups themselves are the storylines that go with them.
Fitch will try to impose his ground game on dominating stand-up fighterMiaia. This one will be a battle of wills, the fighter who forces the other to play his game will win this one. My gut tells me this ends in a signature Miaia knockout in the second round.
Overeem will try to redeem himself after testing positive for PEDs last year and facing a temporary ban from the sport. He will be facing Antonio "Big Foot" Silva, the massive monster who recently came to the UFC from recent purchase, Strikeforce. This fight is going to end early and ugly for Silva. I predict a first round TKO due to Overeem's titanic knee strikes.
Rashad Evans will use a second round TKO win over Nogueira to work way back into a title shot with former friend and now bitter rival Jon Jones. However, if "Little Nog" can keep it on the ground, look out.
The main event featuring Aldo vs Edgar will definitely go to decision, but in who's favor I do not know. If push comes to shove, I am going pick Edgar. He just came down a weight class, where he used to fighting (and beating) bigger guys. I think that gives him a sizeable advantage.So don't miss it Saturday.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Houstonian News Articles
Recent Houstonian News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR HOUSTONIAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST HOUSTONIAN NEWS
RECENT HOUSTONIAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Raising Autism Awareness for Better Lives
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?