Rockets defeat Timberwolves 107-89
The Houston Rockets defeated the Minnesota Timberwolves 107-89 Monday night at the Target Center in Minneapolis, Minn.
The Rockets didn’t let the freezing climate and hazardous location affect their performance on the court. Dwight Howard performed at an all-time high. According to NBA's web site, head coach Kevin McHale praised the forward center:
Howard played a total of 39 minutes, scored 18 points and had 15 rebounds, 2 assists, 3 blocks, and 1 steal. According to Fox Sports, immediately after the game Howard said it was a team effort:
The Timberwolves not only played without two starters, Nikola Pekovic who is still suffering from ankle bursitis and Kevin Martin who broke his thumb Friday, but without head coach Rick Adelman due to personal reasons. According to ESPN assistant coach Terry Porter summed up the team's performance:
The Timberwolves were unable to score in the first six minutes of the second half. Kevin Love had a career best 23 first-half points and led Minnesota with 31 points and 10 rebounds. However, Love shot only 9-of-23 from the floor. Chase Budinger was the only other player to reach double figures, with 15 boards.
According to a tweet from @ClutchFans
This marks the sixth straight victory of the Rockets.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Houstonian News Articles
Recent Houstonian News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR HOUSTONIAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST HOUSTONIAN NEWS
- Study shows college sexual assaults not investigated
- Beer delivery services happening in Texas
- Oklahoma quakes likely related to fracking
- Otto named to select committee on Texas influx of illegal immigrants
- Called it: Germany takes the Cup
- Rockets airball on Bosh, Parsons
- Dr. Oz doesn't practice medicine, but grifting
RECENT HOUSTONIAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest
- Growing Investment Opportunities In Green -- and Blue --...
- 5 Tips for Healthy Eating as We Age