Larry Bird's son tries to run ex-girlfriend over with car, gets arrested
Connor Bird, 21, was arrested Sunday at Indiana University forallegedly trying to run over his ex-girlfriend with his car after an argument. ConnorBird is the son of the well known basketball star Larry Bird.
According to the Indiana Police Department, Connor Bird faces multiple preliminary charges, including battery with injury, criminal mischief, intimidation with a deadly weapon and possession of marijuana.
Police said it all began when Bird and his ex-girlfriend got into an argument Sunday at Bird's apartment. He then allegedly threw a cell phone at her.
Bird then tried to talk things over with the ex-girlfriend, but another fight escalated and the woman got out of the car insisting that she walk back home. That is when, according to police, Bird tried to hit her twice with his car. A student witnessed it and took the ex-girlfriend to the police department.
No one was seriously injured in the incident, and no formal charges have been made against Bird. He has been bonded out of jail.
It seems as though celebrities' children are always in trouble. They need to understand that everything they do is being watched and will get publicized. There are no secrets when you are related to someone famous.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Houstonian News Articles
Recent Houstonian News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR HOUSTONIAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST HOUSTONIAN NEWS
RECENT HOUSTONIAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?