Rent-a-puppy therapy to relieve finals week stress
The Sam Houston State University Wesley Foundation (Methodist Student Center) and the Rita B Huff Humane society will come together to allow students to rent-a-puppy for finals stress relief.
Today and May 2 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Wesley foundation, at the corner of 17th street and University Avenue, students can rent one of 15 puppies for 15 minutes for $5. Sammy the Bearkat will make an appearance on May 2 at noon to play with the puppies as well.
Jackie OBrien, a member of the Wesley foundation, and the administrative assistant came up with the idea this year.
I had seen it done at other schools before, OBrien said. It would get the word out about the Wesley foundation and it was a fun fundraiser for finals relief.
The puppies will be provided by the humane society and are also available for adoption.
The Wesley foundation is a student organization whose focus is creating disciples and helping students grow in their relationship with God both during and after college, according to their website.
The Rita B Huff Humane society is a non-profit animal shelter whose mission is to, preserve the lives and well being of animals through adoption, rescue, spaying and neutering, and education, according to their website.
All proceeds will be split between the humane society and the Wesley foundation.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Houstonian News Articles
Recent Houstonian News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR HOUSTONIAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST HOUSTONIAN NEWS
RECENT HOUSTONIAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit