Man leaves interesting note instead of tip
A man claiming to be a pastor leaves no tip and writes this on the receipt, I give God 10%. Why do you get 18? according to Yahoo news.
Yahoo news said the picture of the receipt was originally posted on Reddit. The Reddit user who submitted the image explained in the comments section that the gratuity was automatically added because the receipt was part of a total bill for a party of 20.
The Consumerist blogger, Chris Morran, believes the customer went the wrong way about expressing his unhappiness with automatic gratuity.
We understand why someone might be upset about an automatic gratuity. But we cant recall any religious texts that claim the best way to combat an unpleasant situation is to leave a passive-aggressive note while simultaneously penalizing someone who did not create the problem.
Morran is right, why did he need to pull out religion, on a receipt for that matter. It makes no sense, and the customer needs to understand that there is a time and a place for that. The customer could have simply scratched out the gratuity, or complained to his friends. Instead he decides to bring God into the situation, in turn disrespecting God. Have some dignity.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Houstonian News Articles
Recent Houstonian News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR HOUSTONIAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST HOUSTONIAN NEWS
RECENT HOUSTONIAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit