"Got Milk" slogan retired after 20 years
Say goodbye to "Got Milk?" and hello to "Milk Life," the new slogan for milk.
After 20 years of the successful "Got Milk" advertisements, the Milk Processor Education Program (MilkPEP) has decided to reposition its industry in the minds of consumers by replacing celebrity endorsements for their ad campaign with regular people. After several years of declining milk sales, MilkPEP will now focus on a more authentic perspective. The new ads will roll out this week, according to CNN Money.
Sai Taibi, president of Lowe Campbell Ewald, the advertising agency a part of the "Got Milk" ads, also created the concept for the new "Milk Life" slogan:
"We want to show how milk can help you power through everyday moments and everyday achievements."
Through the use of special effects, the campaign will illustrate how energizing milk can be to everyone.
However, some feel the change of slogan is a mistake:
"Milk Life" replaces "Got Milk?" slogan after 21 years. Gonna miss those celebrity stashes.
Not sure how I feel about "Got Milk" slogan changing to "Milk Life." Images of grabbing life by the udders doesn't quite do it for me
"Got Milk?" was such an iconic campaign. Short, simple, to the point. What/how/when is a "milk life"? #fail
While others welcomed the new idea:
@MilkMustache This is how I Milk Life every morning! #MilkLife I want free milk for a year! :) pic.twitter.com/0PFf9o6AVz
Really excited to see Milk rebranding! Bye old stank ass "Got Milk?" Hello fresh and fun "Milk Life"
The new ad campaign cost 50 million dollars to produce, and the industry hopes that these marketing efforts will change the way people think about milk.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Houstonian News Articles
Recent Houstonian News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR HOUSTONIAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST HOUSTONIAN NEWS
RECENT HOUSTONIAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?