Michael Kors gets billionaire status
On Tuesday, Michael Kors became a billionaire. The designer’s company stock price skyrocketed almost 20 percent, pushing Kors over the billionaire line. Forbes reported:
While two years ago he had over 15 million shares of Michael Kors stock, today he only owns about 4 million shares in the company he founded. At today’s price those are worth about $360 million.
Kors, of course, has his savings and other assets which amount to about $650 million not including his apartment in New York or luxury cars, according to The New York Times.
Kors dropped out of The Fashion Institute of Technology earlier on in life, but this obviously did not hold the designer back. He was a judge on the television show Project Runway for 10 seasons. The Michael Kors company went public in December 2011 and his earnings have climbed since.
Other fashion names that have made the billionaire list are Tory Burch, Stefan Persson (H&M), Ralph Lauren and Sara Blakely (SPANX).
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Houstonian News Articles
Recent Houstonian News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR HOUSTONIAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST HOUSTONIAN NEWS
RECENT HOUSTONIAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- ¿Pensando en la jubilación y el Seguro...
- Raising Autism Awareness for Better Lives
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...