Christians take to social media to promote "Son of God"
The movie "Son of God" hit theaters this weekend. Many churches promoted the movie so that Christian families would hit the theaters to see it.
The movie is part of the History Channel's popular miniseries "The Bible."
According to Forbes, the movie earned almost $30 million and stars Diogo Morgado, Amber Rose Revah and Sebastian Knapp.
Pastors on Twitter as well as many other people have been giving positive feedback about the movie.
He is the Great I AM. Be inspired by the @SonofGodMovie on Feb 28th! http://t.co/gwg2kv9GD3 #SonofGod #spreadtheword
Have you seen #SonofGod? Powerful! http://t.co/8UzgTQqAon #trcot #tcot #Jesus #movies #Christian
I just watched Son of God and OH MY GOODNESS IT WAS AMAZING!!! #SonofGod
A similar movie event was Mel Gibson's "The Passion of Christ," which brought a large Christian audience to theaters when it opened. For those who didn't see it on the History Channel, check out the movie trailer.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Houstonian News Articles
Recent Houstonian News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR HOUSTONIAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST HOUSTONIAN NEWS
- Study shows college sexual assaults not investigated
- Beer delivery services happening in Texas
- Oklahoma quakes likely related to fracking
- Otto named to select committee on Texas influx of illegal immigrants
- Called it: Germany takes the Cup
- Rockets airball on Bosh, Parsons
- Dr. Oz doesn't practice medicine, but grifting
RECENT HOUSTONIAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest
- Growing Investment Opportunities In Green -- and Blue --...
- 5 Tips for Healthy Eating as We Age
- Comparison-Shopping for Life Insurance Made Easy