"The Lego Movie" biggest hit at the box office
"The Lego Movie" smashed the competition at the box office this weekend, raking in $69.1 million, according to the Seattle-PI.
The movie surpassed George Clooney's "Monuments Men" and the comedy "Ride Along" in ticket sales.
This animated hit is the result of a partnership with Warner's Bros. and the Lego toy brand.
The level of success has come as a surprise to some movie critics, but the Danish toy brand has been around for more than 60 years, and built a very solid fan base. There has already been development of a sequel 3-D movie now that the brand is expanding its line to films, according to the Seattle-PI.
Take a look at the trailer for "The LEGO Movie."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Houstonian News Articles
Recent Houstonian News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR HOUSTONIAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST HOUSTONIAN NEWS
RECENT HOUSTONIAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?