Eazy-E comes back to life, performs at this year's Rock the Bells music festival
The rapper formerly known as Snoop Dogg and the late-great Tupac performance at last year's Coachella Music and Art Festival gave way to a whole new type of concert experience -- dead musicians coming back to life and performing as holograms.
This time "The Godfather of Rap," Eazy-E, was the one transformed into a hologram and performed with Bone Thugs-N-Harmony Sept. 7, which coincidentally would've been the west coast rapper's 50th birthday.
His hologram performed "Straight Outta Compton," notably one of his most recognizable songs, and "Boys-n-the-hood" with Bone Thugs-N-Harmony to a insanely fanatic crowd.
Yet, the hologram-ness didn't stop there. On Sunday, Rock The Bells busted out their second dead hip-hop star, Ol' Dirty Bastard of Wu Tang Clan, but things went south after a technical malfunction almost cost the performance according to Billboard Music.
Nonetheless, all this has many people fantasizing about who they might bring back to life. There's so many amazing artists to choose from and festival season is right around the corner who knows, the next festival you attend you might get a surprise performance from Jimi Hendrix or the King of Pop. We'll just have to eagerly wait and see.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Houstonian News Articles
Recent Houstonian News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR HOUSTONIAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST HOUSTONIAN NEWS
RECENT HOUSTONIAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit