Frank Ocean declines to press charges against Chris Brown
Singer chooses 'peace' in fight aftermath
Published: Tuesday, February 5, 2013
Updated: Tuesday, February 5, 2013 21:02
After weighing options over an alleged studio fight with Chris Brown, singer Frank Ocean has chosen not to press charges in the case.
“As a child I thought if someone jumped me it would result in me murdering or mutilating a man,” Ocean wrote on his Tumblr. “But as a man I am not a killer. I’m an artist and a modern person. I’ll choose sanity. No criminal charges. No civil lawsuit. Forgiveness, albeit difficult, is wisdom. Peace, albeit trite, is what I want in my short life. Peace.”
The decision comes after Ocean told authorities last week that he would pursue charges against Brown after their alleged brawl in West Hollywood on Jan. 27. Police officials said Brown punched Ocean during the fight.
Ocean posted on Twitter after the incident, “Got jumped by chris and a couple guys. Lol. I only wish Everest was there.”
Much controversy has swirled around the two Grammy-nominated artists since the brawl. Last week, Brown posted a picture via Instagram comparing himself to God and another picture surfaced of him wearing a cast on his hand. Other celebrities have also weighed in on the incident. Mike Tyson, who is not a stranger to fighting, told MTV “there’s not much advice you can give them”.
Get More: Music News
The announcement of no charges could save Brown, who is still on probation for his felony plea in the 2009 assault on Rihanna.